Strict Standards: Declaration of TwatchEntGeneInput::isEquivalent() should be compatible with TwatchEntityGene::isEquivalent(TwatchEntityGene $gene) in /home/adejkam/public_html/twatch/lib/Entity.php on line 407

Strict Standards: Declaration of TwatchEntGeneNull::isEquivalent() should be compatible with TwatchEntGeneInput::isEquivalent(TwatchEntGeneInput $gene) in /home/adejkam/public_html/twatch/lib/Entity.php on line 463

Strict Standards: Declaration of TwatchListCounter::isEquivalent() should be compatible with TwatchCounter::isEquivalent(TwatchCounter $counter) in /home/adejkam/public_html/twatch/lib/Common.php on line 2082

Strict Standards: Declaration of TwatchGroupedCounter::isEquivalent() should be compatible with TwatchListCounter::isEquivalent(TwatchListCounter $counter) in /home/adejkam/public_html/twatch/lib/Common.php on line 2367
Apache interface? - TraceWatch Web Stats Discussion

TraceWatch Website Statistics

Google Web TraceWatch.com

Apache interface?

Anything About TraceWatch

Apache interface?

Postby larrykluger » Tue May 25, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi Arash,

Congrats on your project, looks great!

I use Rails behind Apache. Have you thought about an api that would enable the stats to be added to your system?
In other words, a specification for what to store in mysql per web page request?

Or a related idea, pulling stats from the MySQL logging tables that Apache can use instead of having the application store into mysql?
See http://www.outoforder.cc/projects/apache/mod_log_sql/

Your javascript log requires an additional Ajax call to the server for each page load. Since the server has already handled the request, I'd rather not add another round trip per page load.

Advantages: Would work with any website hosted on Apache server.

Thanks for your thoughts...

Larry
larrykluger

Re: Apache interface?

Postby arash » Fri May 28, 2010 11:20 am

Hi Larry,

TraceWatch is currently designed for PHP users. If you were using PHP you could use the "PHP code" which doesn't need the additional ajax call to log requests.
I do have plans to write the logging part of TraceWatch in native code (using c++ perhaps) to be integrated into apache, php and other server side technologies but it is a very long term plan because writing and maintaining such thing will take a lot of time and I don't have that much free time to spend on TraceWatch right now.
arash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Talk